FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
What conditions can be helped by therapeutic massage?
- Chronic Pain
- Poor Circulation
- Nerve Entrapment
- Postural Distortion
- Decreased Flexibility
- Scar Tissue Buildup
- Muscular Toxicity
- Muscular Atrophy
- Temporalmandibular Joint Dysfunction (TMJ)
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Stress-Related Disorders
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Chronic Headache / Backache
Are there times I should not get a massage?
- Massage is not recommended for pregnant women until after their 13th week.
- Receiving massage while fever is present can increase the severity of the symptoms.
- Massage is contraindicated with all infectious diseases.
- Massage is not recommended when blood clots are suspected.
- It is recommended that you check with your physician prior to receiving massage if you have low blood pressure, cancer or are under a doctor’s care for any serious medical condition.
What are common benefits of massage?
- Increase in circulation, pumping oxygen and nutrients to organs
- Increase in flexibility and balance
- Reduction of muscular spasm
- Stimulation of lymph flow, the body’s defense against toxic invaders
- Endorphin release, the body’s natural pain reliever
What services do you offer?
Swedish Massage Therapy
Aromatherapy Oil Massage
Deep Tissue Massage Therapy
Back and Shoulders Massage Therapy
Hot Stone Massage Therapy
Pregnant Massage Therapy
Sports Injury Massage Therapy
Accident Injury Massage Therapy
What are some common experiences after receiving a therapeutic massage?
- an increased sense of well-being
- a decrease in pain level
- an increased awareness of muscular dynamics
- an increased understanding of self-help techniques